Sunday, August 2, 2009

Free dog? orr?

i cant take it anymore every 3 weeks i need to get her shots but no one can take me and u have to be over 18
every1 always works and idk what to do anymore
i walk 3 miles there to find out they cant do it because an 18 tear old is not watchinggg
is there any hospital that doesnt care how old u r
Answers:
Have your parents sign something that gives you permission to take and treat your dog. Then give it to your vet.
Ask your vet if they know of anyone willing to volunteer transportation to the clinic.
I know I would take someone if they needed to bring their pet to the vet.
ask a neighbour or a teacher or a pals mum to take u
depending on what shots you are trying to get, some shots like the 7 in one shots for distemper and parvo, etc. you can buy at like a big R store and you can do it yourself, it is inexpensive and very easy to do!
I never had a problem taking my dogs to the vet when I was younger.. it was a block or so down the road and I would walk the dog down myself because mom worked during the week and couldnt take the dog herself.
Why should the vet care how old you are? As long as you are able to pay for the shots.
Have your parents call and set up the account, so the account is in their name, then they can make an appt, there should be no problem with you walking the dog down to its appt.
no, none at all, you should have thought about it when you got her!!!
no there is no hosipal that acceots that u r younger than 18..ask someone outside ur family that u r close to and trust who is over 18...thats all i can say
Can you ask your parents to write and sign an authorization letter that the vet can keep on file?
I don't want to be rude, but the only reason vet clinics do not allow youngsters is because most can not make the decision that an adult could make. I know, I know. Some children are more mature then adults, but what can you do.
Most vet clinics do not recommend you going to a store to buy their shots and give them to the animal yourself. First there is not real proof of any vaccinations. Second, vet tech are trained to know where shots go specifically. Did you know that one shot goes in the right thigh, another goes in the left side. I am not saying that you don't know what you are doing, but it helps to have prfessional experience.
And as for the Rabies vaccination? Only a vet is allowed to administer the rabies vax. This is the law. And if you don't get the vaccination you could be fined $500 (in the state of florida) if the animal control officers find out.
I wish that I was able to help you more. I mean, I personally do not know what kind of situation you are in. Puppies only need a set of three for DA2PPV. Every three weeks you get it and the third one lasts for the year. After that you get it done annually. I nkow, puppies are high responsibility, but maybe you can try to find someone who can help you out. Parents, friends. Good luck.
What state are you located in? There must be someone who can help. Go to your parents and tell them that you love your dogs but they need to go get their shots by Next Wednesday at the absolute latest and if noone will take you then you will call animal control and relinquish your dogs so they will be well cared for and get the vaccinations they need.
Get serious with it and get tough- if they care about you or your dog at all they will find a way- and if they don't then you can't have a dog- I am sorry- but that's just the way it is. You can however hold it against them for a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment