Sunday, August 2, 2009

German Shepard's?

Me and my family have been around and have had German Shepards for a while now but on one dog my dad(a retired dog trainer) has taught the dog the usual "sit, lay, beg,roll over, heel..and so on" in German. Is there any way that I'll be able to reteach the dog to understand the words in English by any chance? Thank you and all answers greatly appreciated.
Answers:
Yes, dogs can learn to understand more than one language. All you need to do is say the command in German, then English and the dog will get it. It's really more the tone and if you have hand commands in there it will go even faster. You use the hand command and say the it in English...All the best;~)
I'm guessing it's depends on the dog, the dog's age, etc. I would think that if you start the training all over the same way as he learned the first time, but this time in English, I don't see why not. Won't hurt to try.
yep u can reteach the animal in english, just say the word in english then german and in a while the dog will pick the words up
I train all my large breed dogs in English and German, including my German ShepHERDS. My toy breeds were trained in English, Spanish, Italian and French for a school project.
Yeah.
German Shepherds are so CUTE! The other people on here gave you pretty good answers so other than what they said id say try teachin' him the commands in english all over. like in the beginning. give him treats when he gets it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment