Sunday, August 2, 2009

Funny, a 13 year old girl asks one of the most intelligent questions here? She is actively and responsibly?

doing her homework on Shelties BEFORE she gets a puppy! Gee, grown ups.you should take a lesson from her!
Answers:
I think I missed something.
Or at least the questions.but I agree that it would be REALLY nice if everyone understood what the committment was when adopting a dog.
Time and time again do I see IDIOTS who get dogs and then treat them like crap...leaving them outside when it is 105 degrees or even snowing, not feeding them properally, not getting their shots and a yearly check-up. It is a disgrace.
Makes me sick that people get animals and then forget that they need attention, love and caring.
Good for her... a link to the question would be nice..
Haha, I was 11 when I started to research Papillons. Now I'm 13, and finally got one, my dream =) Don't underestimate us kids, lol!
I love it when people are responsible and actually treat getting a dog as a responsibility and not a "fun new toy!"
You wouldn't just rush out and adopt a baby, so why do it with a dog?? They are almost as much responsibility.
There is the odd teenager that actually has good sense and a sense of responsibility. Thank goodness, that's where our junior handlers come from.
Most of them just make me dispair for the future..but then, a lot of "adults" make me feel that way too.
Haha! Never underestimate some of us! XD
Yeah, I mean, I hate when kids just think of the dog as a toy, and then tire of it after a while. It's good to see some of us these days doing some homework beforehand! :D
heh. I see responsible kids from time to time, but its a rarity. Kind of funny how most people without a passion for dogs can ask some of the most evident questions, tells you how much 'homework' the person does before getting a pup. But personally I would never sell a pup outright to a child, co-ownership would be the only thought running through my mind. Again though, I have seen some pretty petty idiotic 'adults' if you will.
No one ever said adults were smart. Age does not necessarily = Wisdom. Good for her researching the breed, it ticks me off to see owners who had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they bought a specific breed of dog and the poor thing ends up in a shelter.
I unfortunately did it backwards because I wasn't planning on keeping the dog for myself she was for my father's family, so I got the dog before knowing anything about the breed. However, it did not stop me from researching everything I could get my hands on regarding the breed so I knew what I was in for and that included every training manual and information I could find on the Internet. She ended up staying with me and today she is a happy, healthy and well behaved Weimaraner because I took the time to research, learn and train. If I got another dog you'd be darn sure I would research the breed before I brought it home.
Good for all the young kids today to know what they are getting themselves into before it's too late. A dog is for life not until you don't want to play with it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment