Sunday, August 2, 2009

German Shepherd Puppy Names?

I'm getting my first male GS pup next week and I have noooo clue what to name him. It took me weeks to name my cats. If anyone has great suggestions on what to name him that would be great! Nothing normal like Bailey or Riley. Something unique and special. Please help!!! :)
Answers:
Early Congratulations to you! Here is a great site with thousands of dog names you can choose from http://dogbreedz.com/dognames
i think westen is cute and

hunter also
cheif
and maybe even sodico
ooohhh or bobo lol [if he is silly ]
rocky
Adolf, Gunther, Hans, Ingrid,
how about corderoy, or caos (k-oz) my irish wolfhound puppy is named after the biggest city in ireland because he is the biggest dog from ireland. so my big wolfdog of ireland is named dublin, how about naming your german dog a german name or give him a name that suits his character but only in german rather than english, that would be unique.
good luck with Ur new pup google dog names maybe that will help and i know how u fill with naming Ur dog some thing that's not heard alot i mean how many Lucky's are their i came up with my dogs name like a hour after having her i came up with tally but now theirs a lot of those maybe it will pop into ur head when u get him
I had the same problem when I first got my german shepherd puppy! (I have had him for almost a year now : )
I finally decided on the name, Milo. In Greek it means 'soldier.' At first I wasn't certain about it (it is very unique) but when I saw him, the name just seemed to fit. Espeacially considering the breed! He is strong, loyal, intelligent, and very protective- as are most German Shepherds. Plus, it is very easy to distinguish from other words (such as training commands) that your dog will have to learn.
If you don't think this name is right for you, then I suggest looking to other languages to find a name that you like. It is kind of exotic in a sense, which makes it interesting, and it can have meaning behind it as well. Find something that is fitting for your dog, and you will love the name sooo much more. Alot of people pick those cute, cheesy names that are adorable, but don't have any meaning. That's not how you want your relationship with your pet to be! My advice is- do not settle on just any name. Wait until that perfect one comes along that grabs your attention.
Good luck with your puppy, German shepherds are AMAZING dogs and I know that you will have a great relationship with him!
You could name him colt or remington, or get too and name one smith and the other wesson or you could name him jager like my cat
rocky
possibly a German name?
Jaeger
Kaiser
Panzer (WWII German Tank)
Shulz
Berrin (like a bear)
Schutzengel (guardian angel)
Hummel
How about these sites:
http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dog...
http://www.doggynames.com/
http://www.petrix.com/dognames/...
http://www.thepamperedpup.com/puppynames...

GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment