Sunday, August 2, 2009

Frequent urination after spaying?

I had my puppy (about 8 months old...) spayed on wednesday. Since i picked her up that afternoon she has been urinating very frequently. She even peed in the house 3 times yesterday which she has never done before. Is this something that is common with dogs after they get spayed? I called the vet, he really didnt answer my questions. Anyone have any similar experiences?
Answers:
I haven't had a similar experience with spaying but I did after my female dog was hospitalized and didn't pee the whole time she was there. I would see how today goes, and if it happens again, I'd call the vet and if I didn't get a better answer I'd get a second opinion. Since the bladder is close to the surgery area, she's a little off, but if it continues, a urinary tract infection is a possibility.
My dog didnt do that. So I think you should take it to the vet(or try). I also think that 8 months is too early for your puppy.
It happens a lot. Everything feels different inside and she is getting used to the different sensations. If she is still doing it after a week go back and have her checked for a urinary track infection.
If its done earlier this rarely happens but in older puppies and adults it will.
Your dog may have a urinary tract infection. You may want to return to your vet to have her checked out. If your vet seems uninterested then I would suggest trying another vet. Frequent urination is not common after a spay.
Call the vet and let the vet know about what is going on. She may have an infection so it is best to contact the vet.
Sometimes after the operation "urinary inconsistency" may occur. This condition is apart from any infection or neurological disease. Your dog cannot hold herself without no reason. Well the reason might be the urethra (the duct through which the urine is discharged) There are some muscles around it and if they cannot spasm normally when the urine is discharged it will go out easily. As I said this sometime happens after spaying. It has got a medical treatment. If you talk to your vet he can help you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment