Friday, May 8, 2009

Doggy birthday party?

Does anyone else have a birthday party for their dog??
I mean, like my mom and sister and me give her presents to unwrap and then we sing happy birthday to her! She gets a cupcake with a candle on it and everything! Does anyone else do this, lol?
Answers:
A lot of people will think it is silly or ridiculous but I did this as well. Pets become like our children, and a member of the family. My dog just turned 1 and I had a little "party" for her. I ordered a cake and little pup cakes, and we had some of her dog friends over to play and eat cake and such. It was a lot of fun for them. Dogs births are just as special as our, so why not celebrate them?? I think it's cute.
I do =] I don't sing but there are treats and gifts involved.
A friend of mine just had a 1 year old b-day party for her dog and everybody had to bring a squeaky toy! I think it was a cute idea! She had a b-day cake and everything! Its a dog and she deserves a party! LOL
I had a dog party once. I even went and got a dog cake and invited a couple of his dog friends that live close by. I know it sounds crazy but I only did it once and it was cool.
My daughter always sings happy birthday to the dogs. (Even did it for my brother's dog when we were visiting and he mentioned that it was his dog's birthday). The dogs seem to like it. And yes they get toys. (One of our dogs is named Mickey Mouse and he loves the Mickey Mouse Club song sang to him as well)
Yeap my doggy was born on valentines day 2000 and I go all out for her she has to have a big heart shaped cake with birthday candels and she gets gifts and has my family and freinds attend her party and sing dance she even drinks at her party ....They are kids to to some of us....like a member of the family by the way she has a heart embroided ballarina suite to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...
No, but I give him lots of food to eat. And besides, I have no dog.
Oh my Gosh! That is so cute! What I do is make my dog a hamburger put a candle in the middle of the burger and sing "Happy Birthday" to him and give him a present.
Years ago I had 3 guinea pigs so I had a birthday party for one of them and made them Birthday hats to wear ,served them veggies and sang Happy Birthday, I know silly right? That was YEARS ago! Ha.ha!
I do, every year. I have a Doggie Party and invite all my dogs friends. we have doggie games, doggie cake and doggie icecream, and my boy opens his presents. One I got him and the ones his friends bring. It is a GREAT time for both humans and dogs. It i great for socialization, training and overall fun. It looks just like a kids party. This past year, it was a huge party. I have a yellow Lab and he turned 2, so of course our family Pit Bull was there, who is his best friend, my boyfriend's Lab and a total of 17 other dogs from our dog group. It was a blast and he got lots of presents.
Of course! We didn't do any presents, but I used to have birthday parties for my dog (she recently passed away).
She loved apple pie, so I would bake one for her - and put a scooby-doo candle on it. She would bark at the candle and it would go out.
We also had her favorite dinner - a rotisserie chicken from Sam's club, couscous and broccoli. (She always ate people food and never dog food). Lived 14 years. Her birthday is at the end of the month and we will probably do the same thing to remember her.
Ok, she even wore a party hat - I know, sounds crazy, but we loved her and celebrated each year we had with her.
Yes we do...I breed Golden Retrievers and we just had a 1st birthday party for last year's litter. We baked dog friendly cupcakes, had frozen paws Ice cream, and had presents, etc...we had 7 1 year old Goldens in my home (out of 10) and plan on doing that every year. Also, Pets Mart sends out birthday cards to your pets each year on their birthday so we go for a "shopping" day to let the girls pick out their free toy. It's lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment