Friday, May 8, 2009

Dogs hit by train.?

when i was in 3rd grade my two boxer dogs were hit by a train
i never really gave it much thought
but is that really possible?
like wat is the chances then both fell asleep on the tracks %26 didnt wake up or were both just standing there?
do you think there was foul play?
i overheard my parents say they think they were tied to the tracks
but i didnt confront them because i was too busy crying my eyes out for a while %26 i was only in 3rd grade
%26now im goin into 8th %26 my cat just died so im giving it alot of thought
do you think they were tied or just some freak accident?
Answers:
Dogs often travel together in packs. It is possible they were together on the tracks. It is possible for the other thoughts as well. What you want to focus on is the wonderful memories you share about them and keep them in your heart.
Sorry to hear of your recent loss. Any pet lost is a time of reflection and wondering. Just focus on the memories they gave you and all the great times.
why drag up the subject now? the dogs are gone.
well my grandma was taking her german shepherd for a walk when it saw a gopher and ran right infront of a train. if they were tied who would have tied them? they could have been playing and were rolling around the tracks and got hit, maybe they were sold and your parents told you they were killed or something, because maybe you couldnt afford to pay for them anymore, im sorry about your dogs and cat :(
It could have been a freak accident and your best bet is to just confront your parents and let them know you really want the truth.
theyre dead and have been for 5 years? forget it.concentrate on the grief of your cat.
I'm sure they would run away... I would go with tied up
That is a little strange.
Are you sure your parents didn't just put it to sleep, and didn't want you to know?
Ask them, and if they say thats not the case, or something similar to that, then I'm not sure what you can do.
Sorry I couldn't help more. :]]
hmmmm, they could have been put to sleep(like anesthesia, only temporarily)or, they could have been tied to the tracks...it would have been sooo cruel though and I can see why you cried:(
Warm tracks not used often, it's possible that a pair of dogs could fall asleep there.. I am surprised tho that they wouldn't feel the train coming and at least jump up and look.
That is really sad and to tell the truth i think that your dogs might have been tied but that would be sick minded and i know they couldn't have just fell asleep because the train tracks would have shook a little while before the hit and what are the odds of both of them getting hit they must have been tied to the tracks.
I really hope that you can get the confidence to get two more dogs so you could feel better.
Talk to your parents and let them know how you feel. If you don't get that stuff out now it could cause problems for you in the future. Just tell them what you think and ask them to tell you the truth about it. Tell them that you are still curious and that you recently had been thinking about the dogs.
It is very possible that the dogs got hit by a train. A dogs instinct to chase is very strong. They may have been chasing a deer, cat , raccoon, or some other animal. Once into the chase they had no clue what train tracks meant and to be cautious. They probably just chased something and got the train hit them.
You cared about them very much, and have some happy memories of them. When I lost my most precious dog , I remembered how happy she made me , and how sad it would have been if I had never had my dog in my life. I started to feel lucky that the time my dog was here , I got to be a part of her life.
I've heard of cows getting hit by trains, but cows are stupid. Trains are loud noisy and will scare the hell out of you. Sadly I think someone tied them, it takes trains at least 1 mile to come to a stop. I live in a city the trains go thru 24/7 I am half a mile from the tracks and I can hear the horn from here (one is going by as I type).
You might want to ask your parents who they think did it
We just lost a 13 year old girl in a nearby town to being hit by a train in daylight. If a teenager couldn't hear a train coming up from behind them soon enough to get out of the way, it is only logical that the same could apply to a dog. If you have studied the doppler effect you would know that sound of a rapidly moving object can reach you almost the same time as the object.
Animals are often hit by cars and cars can stop MUCH quicker than trains. Animals do not instinctively avoid train tracks and a train can never stop in time, even if they see the animal. For the animals, it is simply a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
As to the 'tied to the track' comment, people often make comments at moments of grief that has no basis in fact--just something to explain a situation that they don't understand. I would not put any stock in it unless there was a lot more to go on. I assume that they like you think that a dog would not stand on a track and get hit even though it is not that uncommon.
As a veterinarian, I have several times treated dogs that were hit by a train (once was even a boxer). I have also treated horses a couple of times. In none of the cases was the animals tied to the tracks. I probably would have seen more cases of this type but most of the animals hit by a train do not survive to make it into a clinic. In the horses, I helped to treat, there were two and one died instantly and the other survived with some serious injuries.
But tied to the tracks--no, and I wouldn't describe as a 'freak accident' as it is not that uncommon.

No comments:

Post a Comment