Friday, May 8, 2009

Dogs and Fleas?

I have my dogs who got fleas... i gave them the pill and the product Frontline.
Some "scare" today are "open". like when they first started to have fleas. how to make sure? After how long can i use another frontline?
Thank you in advance
Answers:
You can use the product every 30 days. If you think that the dog may be getting reinfected, treat your carpets, bedspreads, etc.
I think you use Frontline every 30 days, if that doesn't work, get Advantage, I use that and it is great.
Did you apply Frontline yourself? It says on the package how long it would be effective (up to one year, which I cannot believe), but recommends a monthly application, especially if you bathe your dogs often (yeah, right. I think they say that just to make you buy more Frontline.)
Anyway, it worked like a charm. It's been two months already, and the vermin are still dying. And *our* dogs get bathed every two weeks.
The chemical in Frontline does not harm the dog, even if they happen to lick it off their coat (the package says that it may cause increased salivation and panting, but nothing to worry about), so it shouldn't be a concern that your dogs have open wounds (one of ours did, and he was fine after the treatment).
I cannot suggest when to reapply Frontline. Considering it's price, I would wait until another major infestation of ticks/fleas.

No comments:

Post a Comment