Monday, May 24, 2010

Good smelling shampoo for pups?

if you know of any nice smelling shampoo for pups, let me know please. 1 year old, male yorkie..thanks.
Answers:
I use Fresh N Clean. The smell lasts for several weeks.
http://www.petmountain.com/product/shamp...
I use pert plus for my dog for two reasons. It doesn't smell like dog shampoo and it also kills fleas.
use nova pearl i use it on my saint bernard its a little expensive but it keeps him smelling good for 2 weeks at least
I would not use human shampoo on a dog! Because of the difference in our PH it is the equivalent of giving your dog a glycolic peel. As well dog shampoo is designed to treat the skin AND coat unlike humans that have many products for this. If your dog is particularly smelly try changing the food. You could also use a doggie cologne and simply find a scent you like.
I use dog shampoo that I bought at Target - destination spa I believe is the brand. I like the lavender and vanilla scent - it is supposed to have a calming effect. It does not smell like normal dog shampoo.
Paul MItchell also has a new line of dog shampoo - smells great!
Antibacterial dog shampoo. It helps keep the dog from getting smelly sooner and it smells good, without smelling too strong.
I've always used Johnsons baby shampoo on my bichon frise. He's never had any skin problems.
take a look for yourself, this is a highly recommended product by many veterinarians and pet groomers
http://www.iodogs.com/defaultiodogs.aspx...
Never use human shampoos on your pets as the PH factor is typically 2-pts less than those of pet shampoos, which is huge for your pets epideral layer and coat.
I just baby shampoo on my animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment