Monday, May 24, 2010

Got to find my dog a home?

I have to find somewhere to live, which is renting, my dog at the moment lives with me and my parents, because i am moving in with my boyfriend i was hoping my mum and dad would like to keep him. I will visit every day and have him all day at the weekend. my dad say's no but mum says yes. What should I do who could re home him. He is a sweet Jack Russell. full of fun and mad with it.
Answers:
www.petfinders.com.its an adoption service for local shelters but they also have a classified section for those who want to place their own animals.
please, ask your mum to talk your dad round, or, ask your dad for a 6 month trial so you could prove to him that you will walk him every single day and have him at weekends. You can't rehome him just like that - he is part of the family isn't he?
shame on your dad, though maybe he has a valid reason. the poor dog has bonded with you and should be part of the family, it is sad he cannot make a place for him. Do try the Jack Russell Rescue society, they will know people who can give him a permanent home. I am sorry you may have to lose him.
send me a picture of him at liliya1993yahoo.com. because we are looking 4 a dog but he has 2 be nice. and how much. bi the way leave ur email please
You could check and see if there is a JRT rescue in your area. lacking that you could put an ad in the paper and see if anyone is interested. Just make sure that you do ask for a reasonable price for him. Do not give him away. Unfortunately when people get things for free, they seem to have less value to them.
You could also check with your Humane Society. Sometimes they have a wish list of types of dogs that people are looking for.
Good luck finding a good home!
A tip to get your dog a new home fast is put a picture of him. You get more successes that way.
If you still have to find a place- find a place that takes dogs- they do exist- don't you love your dog and WANT to keep it?
I agree with kismetsguardian.
Every time I see a teenager who wants to get a dog I tell them to make sure their parents want to be dog owners in a few years because this is what happens every single time. I get a lot of thumbs downs for it, but it's the truth - I've seen it happen too many times. Dogs live 10-15 years and teens move out 3-6 years later.
I'm looking after my son's two Jack Russells at the moment and with my Labrador I've got my hands full.Try an RSPCA rescue centre they should be able to find him a good home. They are super little dogs and so intelligent.
I'm so sorry to hear about you predicament..
Keep trying with your dad he may come round beings as the dog is part of the family.. but .. if he doesn't then there are ways around it.. if you live in the UK you may know of Pets @ home ? well i work for one of their stores and i know they have a customer notice board where lots of people put notices up to advertise pets etc. and there have been quite alot of people who put their dogs up on their for re-homing you can describe your dog and then if any one is interested get them to ring you and you could meet them to make sure your dog is going to a good home.. its a pet superstore so your notice is sure to attract alot of attention and people are always looking for small dogs but they don't always go through charities...
I hope this has helped a little.. i hope your dog gets to stay with his family but if not he's bound to go to a loving home that will take good care of him = ) good luck!
you must feel like **** having to rehome your dog :( hope you find him a wonderfull home !!
Well a couple of months ago I sold my Jack Russell, who I miss dearly. The mistake I made was to not get the details of the people I sold him to.
Its a long story but he was dumped near a dog's home and because he's microchipped the new owners decided to 'forget' to change ownership details.leaving us in trouble.
Anyway all sorted now, but please take note people.
They shouldn't be able to get away with this so do your part.
I would ask your dad to re-consider.maybe he's just worried that you wont take an interest in the dog once you leave.ask for a chance to prove him wrong ~ set a time limit suited to you both %26 show him that you will still be responsible for all the dogs needs...walks, food, vets bills, pet insurance etc.it could make all the difference. Failing that I would ask a rescue center to help you find a new home for him.they will often have stricter adoption procedures than just advertising in the local paper. Good Luck
Go to a 2nd chance animal shelter, they will make sure that your dog will get a good home and won't get abused or anything. They also don't put animals to sleep. If you don't know where there is one at, just check out petfinder.com and type in your zip, and it will show you some in your area. Good luck to you and your dog.
leave it to mum to talk dad round
shelter
You made a decision to get a dog. You now have made a decision to move in with a boyfriend. All adult stuff but now you want US to make a decision on what to do with YOUR dog!
You really should think things through a bit. Dogs are for life! Life means about fifteen years! They are not the five minute wonder which some people think they are. YOU find a home for it and take some responsibility.
If he cant stay where he is you can try contacting your local vets office.They may be able to find him a great home and you may still be able to visit.Another option is word of mouth. Tell your friends and coworkers to help you in your search. Good luck
http://www.jack-russell-terrier.co.uk/re...
where are you planing to live as i wouldn't mind having him
e-mail me and i wil give you more details

No comments:

Post a Comment