Monday, May 24, 2010

Grooming for dogs...?

How many haircuts a year for a dog like a Maltese?
Answers:
It depends on how well you keep up the daily maintenance and how you like the hair to be cut.
I have a shih tzu and I shave her generally about once a month. If I let her hair grow, then I trim it around the eyes and feet about every two weeks.
If you tkae your dog to a professional groomer, ask them what they recommend for your pet.
I mainly get my dogs hair cut during the summer... If its really hot then more often...
many! they have the hair that needs to be groomed very frequently. i'd say once every two weeks.
Please go here and join the coolest virtual website ever! http://www.marapets.com/refer.php?id=lot...
It really depends upon how fast your dogs hair grows and how short you want/need it to be. I always get mine trimmed every 4 - 6 weeks.
When I had a lond hair I would brush her daily. I would take her to the groomers to trim her her every 4 months. It worked out well for her.
Usually about every 8 weeks or so. But it really depends on what type of haircut you get (shaved, puppy clip, full-length), the coat texture and how well you take care of it in between groomings.
this depends on you and your dog
how short how much you brush
how fast the dog grows teh hair back
I ahve done some and only do it 2 times a year because the hair grew so slow and others about every 4 weeks as the hair just doesn't seem to stop growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment