Thursday, July 30, 2009

Excersize for a yorkie?

How much excersize does a yorkie really need? Like a 15 minute walk everyday? Thanks
Answers:
Yep you got it. 15 min everyday would be great for your dog and they would really enjoy the fulfillment of getting out into the world, traveling around, and exercising. People who try to exercise their dog just by playing with it are forgetting an important part of dog ownership. Walks are great for both your dog's fulfillment and bonding between the two of you.
Remember to make sure your dog is either walking beside you or behind you. Basically you should be walking your dog, not your dog walking you.
I have a yorkie, and I don't take her for walks at all. I just play with her (I put a sock over my hand and she will chase it and try to chew on it), or when I take her outside, she runs around the yard, and she gets plenty of exercise. They are the least likely dog to have weight problems.
Yea 15-20!
Since yorkies are a really small breed dog, they don't need a lot of time for exercizing. just spend some time at home playing tag or with toys with them and walk them twice a week for 15 mins should be good. =)
take your dog for a short walk everyday. Or throw a mini tennis ball for her/him a few times. Play with her in the yard and chase her around for a few minutes about for times a day. Be sure that she doesn't got overworked or overheated.
Yorkies that I have met have not needed great amounts of exercise, but think of the benefits. My friend took her Yorkie for 30 min - 1 hour walks every other day. It stimulates their mind, gives you a chance to practice walking, training, and socialization. Just because you can get away with only letting them play indoor, doesn't mean you have to. Taking my dogs for walks is one of my favorite things to do. If you can go 15 minutes a day, go for it! Your dog will thank you :)
I have yorkies and they really like their walks. I take them for 3 walks a day but they are only short 5 minute ones, so 15 minutes is about right.
I let my Yorkie go to the backyard for the business only. Other than that. She stay indoor, chasing toys, play tug o war with me, and we toss tennis ball for her to fetch. She has the whole house to run, that is more than enough.
iv had yorkies for 15 years(my remaining one is 11yrs old)and have never walked them for more than 10 minutes a day coz it knackered them out,and the one i have left just likes to wander out on the green at the front of our house, do what he has to then he runs back in..i always kept to the same route with the others , which was a help when the eldest went blind and deaf coz not one of my yorkies(we had 5 up till 2 years back till old age caught them up) has ever walked on a lead so in answer to ur question if your yorkie likes to walk loads then loads of little 5 minute walks round the block is fine xxx
that is a perfect amount of time for a yorkie for exercise. yorkies are very active dogs and they keep the rest of the weight off from playing. playing fetch for about ten minutes is good for them too should you not be able to take them out that day
Depends i have a friend who takes her yorkie for 15 min walks every day, but i have a hyper yorkie so my mom runs/walks her for about a hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment