Friday, July 31, 2009

For any religious and spiritual animal lovers?

My Papillon, Louie, has been sick for the past 4 days and the symptoms that he has been demonstrating are characteristic of either parasites or Parvo. I know it sounds crazy but I'm praying that it's just parasites.
He's going to the vet this morning, please pray for him.
Answers:
I know how it feels when your pet is ill and you hope it is nothing serious. A pet is like part of the family to you and it gives you great joy and companionship to have around. I hope and pray that your dog will get better and it is nothing to serious. I just went through something similar with my cat last year and now what it is like. think good thoughts for your dog and I will to.
It doesn't sound crazy at all. Our animals become part of our families. I would be more than happy to pray for him. Parvo is one of the worst viruses for a dog. If it has a strong smell and he is vomiting and has diareah, then it could be. This smell is unlike any other. Like if you have ever smelled something dead, you KNOW what it is without a doubt. It has a VERY distinct smell to it. I will keep Louie in my prayers. God Bless.
Louie seems to be a very dear friend to you. Whatever needs to be done will be done thanks to a so sensitive owner like you.
I wish best of luck.
why wait til 2morow,im sure parvo would of killed him by now,plus that can pass on to other animals if they havent had their injections...il pray for your sweet louie,that he feels better asap..dont wait to see vets as our dear pets cant talk and they dont complain,im sure your a wonderful owner,big hug for you too.
How old is your pup? Was it exposed to any other dog with parvo? I was a vet tech for many years. Parvo is a terrible disease, but it is also a disease that mainly attacks puppies.
I don't want to put any more fear in you, or upset you any more than I am certain you are, but antifreeze poisoning presents much like parvo - lethargy, diarrhea, lack of appetite, etc. This is much more common than parvo. Do you have any neighbors that are mad at your dog?
I am keeping you in my thoughts today. I love animals, and hate to hear of anyone going through something like this.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck and keep us posted.
Is he vaccinated against parvo? I can tell you that after 4 days of illness most dogs with parvo are near death. If he isn't that bad, it is probably something else.
Wishing you both all the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment