Thursday, July 30, 2009

Female cockapoo pup!?

i have a female cockapoo who is a little over 9 weeks now. she's ADORABLE and she's probebly around 4 lbs...when I got her she was 3 or 4 lbs and she was 8 weeks...i was just wondering how big she will get full grown...how much do they usually weigh??
Answers:
It depends on the parents of your cockapoo. Just because she is small now, does not necessarily mean she will stay small. My last cockapoo was 18 pounds. I hear most are between 15 to 22 pounds...though some can be larger. Don't worry about the previous comment that said 20-30 pounds was way too big. I have seen them weigh that much...it also depends are if they are tall or not. Whatever she weighs, I hope you have her for a long time. They are really cute and are great companions.
Genetics play a factor in the size of the dog - any idea how large the mom and dad were/are, and if they were standard or miniature poodle, or what breed cocker spaniel they were ? I've seen various cockapoos, and I'd say the average weight was somewhere between 20-30 pounds.
First of all I hope you didnt pay alot for your dog who is a MUTT...(which isnt bad my dog is a mutt too but he isnt a "designer breed").
Heres some good info on this type of mix...even though it could vary slightly...
http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/bre...
I had a cookapoo they are so cute and sweet mine was under 20 ilbs and small but she was the runt they stay small 20 to 30 ilbs is way to much
Depends on the parents. Cockapoos, as the name implies, are some combination of poodles and cocker spaniels.
Cocker Spaniels are pretty standard as far as weight goes, but it's the poodle line that creates a lot of deviation among Cockapoos.
Poodles run from standard size all the down to toy and they can weigh anywhere from 2-3 lbs all the way up into the 40s and 50s.
Many cockapoos now are not the direct result of the cocker spaniel-poodle mating, but the result of two cockapoos being put together. So this creates kind of a genetic grab bag as far as traits go.
I would say that the normal size that I've seen is within the 20 lb range, but there are exceptions in both directions.
I think maybe in between a mini poodle's weight and a cocker spaniel's weight. Good luck on your ADORABLE puppy, trust me, I used to have one! She had a big bad temparment!

No comments:

Post a Comment