Friday, July 31, 2009

Finding a good home for my 7month old puppy?

I have a dog that i have to get rid of,she is a black lab mix with rechiver i would of love to keep her but i am about to move and they dont accept pets
Answers:
I am sorry you are faced with this, but I have always said, if I were a renter %26 the landlord wouldn't accept my pets, "I wouldn't accept that person to be my landlord". I'd look else where to move because getting pets are meant to be a committment for as long as they live.
Advertise in the papaer, that way the people can come round to your hosue, view the dog, and you can see if they seem suitable to looking after your dog.
Find somewhere else to live. I would never give up my animals when the solution was in my hands. Stay where you are until you find somewhere you and your pup can go together.
I would keep looking for a place where I could take her. Maybe look for a house to rent.
If you have to find her a home try www.dogster.com you can make her a web page and have pictures and set as adoptable. People can find out a lot of info about her on this website. Also www.petfinder.com and www.craigslist.com then you could direct people to her dogster.com page for more details and pictures.
A dog is suppose to be a lifetime committment. THey are suppose to be part of your family.
The most common excuse for "getting rid of" (I HATE that phrase) a pet is "I'm moving". I would live in my car with my pets rather than "get rid of them".
If you have to re-home your dog I would place an ad, charge something, MAKE SURE SHE IS SPAYED beforehand, check out their references and do a home visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment